9.17.2012

Toronto - LA - New York - LA

That is the path Doug traveled this weekend. Thursday to Monday, my friends.

Canon flew him to the toronto film festival to showcase Departure Date and be a part of panels and a q&a about digital cameras, filmmaking, and the process of their movie.

Apparently, it was a total nerd fest and he was like kind of the nerds for a few hours.  SO FUN!! Like needing to end the q&a and people still wanting to ask questions following him around afterward so they could keep the conversation going.  awww, king of the nerds.

Then back here for a quick lunch date with me at paquito mas for some super nasty fish tacos and substandard guacamole and then to a location scout for next weeks commercial.  A few hours after that he took a red eye to new york to shoot reshoots on A Case of You.  From his instagram it looked like a lot of fun...although, his texts tell me otherwise.

This weekend was crazy boring for me being in the house and with kids for so many days in this hot, hot heat so I stayed up until 1:15am sat morning watching What to Expect When you're Expecting.  Am I crazy or was that movie not nearly as terrible as everyone said it was??  I cried at the end with all the babies?!  And the JLo story line with that hottie and then they adopted a baby?! totally cried.  And then at 1:20 i looked around my totally disheveled house and decided it was time to clean it the crap up.  it was go time.  ear phones in with a little rilo kylie, everyone asleep and incapable of making more messes, i swept from room to room deep cleaning that bad boy until about 3:30.

Right now? It's 2am.  I'm not cleaning but i am watching mindless tv on hulu.   no seminary tomorrow but i may just be in some trouble tomorrow, but the good news is Doug will be back!!!!

Here's to a new week.

5 comments:

  1. dude i can not stay up that late. but i have been curious about that movie. i also want to redbox fishing for salmon in yemen. bring on the b movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that movie too. And I ditto Brooke. I can't stay up that late. Especially not to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam and I watched it this weekend and both thought it was way better than expected. Maybe bc we're all parents. Cameron Diaz story line was the weakest I think.

    This is Beth obviously. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so true, beth. Cameron Diaz was kinda lame. loved elizabeth banks and her hubby. and brooke, i saw the yemen movie. very sweet!

    I think next birthday we're gonna have a sleep over and stay up all night, girlies! maybe my 40th?!? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally am I Night owl! I have done that same exact thing several times. I feel great at 3:30 not so hot at 6:30 when the boys wake me up lol!!

    ReplyDelete