10.13.2011

1 recipe...but you probably shouldn't eat it.

At Penny and Simon's preschool they have a playdough table in every room. They change up the color every month and keep it in big containers. Big, soft, deeply colorful balls of playdough in the toddler class all the way up to the triangle room. They also have TONS of playdough tools for pounding and cutting and garlic pressing, etc.  Anyway, the kids love it and here it is... 

The Best Playdough recipe in the world. 

Mix together:
3 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
3 Tbs. Cream of Tartar (Smart and Final has large containers of this)

Separately, mix:
2 cups boiling water
3 Tbs oil
Food Coloring

Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients. 
While hot, playdough can be sticky. Wait until it is cool to decide whether you need to add more flour. 

Enjoy!


Bright Orange for Halloween. Penny's room has a really vibrant green.  Pretty!






I know it's blurry but i like seeing Simon working hard. 

3 comments:

  1. I am going to make this sometime. Maybe when baby comes and we are playing at home more often. I once bought all the ingredients to make homemade playdough and still haven't done it.

    I also have a recipe for EDIBLE playdough. By the way. I think it's just peanut butter, honey, and flour or something like that.

    Oh, here it is: http://www.trainermomma.com/2010/09/edible-playdough/

    ReplyDelete
  2. edible playdough sounds awesome! will have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete