So, it has been crazy hot here! hot like walk outside and sweat just standing there hot. i know my family in vegas and arizona are probably rolling their eyes, but it's been an extremely cool summer and i was hopeful it was going to stay that way. i guess not.
On Friday Night, Joe and Julie came in town and after the most extensive, far reaching, digging-deeeeeep-in-the-babysitter-pool babysitter search, we met them in Santa Monica!! Hooray, date night! And it was wonderful. So good to catch up with friends. We've known them since sophie was 2 probably? crazy. Good, good people. We love them.
p.s. do you ever take for granted that you can find a babysitter last minute? this was the first time ever, every single sitter i had in the arsenal was busy. BUSY!?! ok, it was really last minute, but still. we were swimming at a new friends condo on friday afternoon while i was texting and calling around, and some random lady that lived there overheard and offered to call her friend that is a nanny. i didn't know her OR the friend, but i was like, oh no, that's fine...ok, SURE...PLEASE... DO IT NOW! but the nanny was busy. And then i called Jackie Finnigan and she texted all of her people and THEY we all busy. i pay well, so i know most everyone loves us. it was just crazy!
And then Saturday we went to Kat's shower in Brentwood. it was the fanciest pool party/baby shower i had ever been to. so glad i didn't show up in my suit with board shorts and beach bag. almost did. ok, not really but it was hilarious.
These pics don't really do it justice, but it was fancy.
Then sophie and i both gave talks in church on sunday and we came home to a hot VERY trashed house from ignoring everything all weekend.
Doug and I spent an hour and a half cleaning it all up and got to bed at 11:30pm.
p.p.s Owen and i went to The Home Depot to get fly traps and spray. Owen was kind of quiet carrying the can of fly/mosquito spray while we were walking all the way from the back to the front of that huge store. when we were almost to the register he finally said,
"I'm glad I'm a human."
Me too, Owen. Me too.
Master Owen:
Little Miss Penny:







Looks like you had a crazy busy weekend. How did the talks go? I'm sure amazing. Thanks again for the fun. Let's do it again soon. I'm gonna try and come to CA more with Joe Joe! Love you tonz and tonz!!!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I LOVE your skinny jeans blog. It's just the motivation I need to get going again. Are you still updating it??? I hope so.
xoxo
Awe my perty friend, you look beautiful as always. Looks like a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh Owen! That kid cracks me up.
ReplyDelete