1.28.2010

The HEDGE

There is a family of possums in the hedge between our house and Brandon and rachel's house. IT's got to be an entire family because sometimes when i'm doing things outside at night like laundry (yes our laundry is outside in the backyard) or taking things to the gargage, you can hear the entire hedge move.

Loud movements like there are big feet walking along the branches. not wimpy little squirrel sounds, mind you. Not even rats. Both of those sound smaller and just not like this.

Anyway, i was taking some garbage out tonight and i locked eyes with this pokey little face peeking out of the garbage can. I jumped back into the kitchen and grabbed my camera.

(oh, i'm all shaky and jittery.)


(photo via google)
Anyway, I grabbed my camera and tried to shoot it but the photo card was in my computer downloading photos from grandma chamberlains visit. No photos, But it crawled out spun around and headed back into the hedge when he heard me open the door. It had a huge, thick rat tail and a pointy little face and it was probably the size of a giant cat!!

EW! typing about it right now makes me barf in my mouth a little. ahh! Is it behind me?

Confirmation of suspicions is 10x's worse than plain old suspicions.

Can't wait for doug to get home tomorrow!

Or maybe the VAMPIRE next door can do something about it!!

4 comments:

  1. Alright I remember seeing one of those when we lived in Auburn. I kid you not, I still see it in my nightmares! Those things are nasty nast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen opossums (do you put the "o" at the beginning?) in our backyard too and they remind me of the ROUS's (rodents of unusual sizes) from the movie Princess Bride. Gross!

    But I do have to say, you had me laughing with the "vampire next door" line. How lucky are you that you have a real, live vampire next door? Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make the vampire next door get rid of it... pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, where are you guys? at war with the hedgehogs? come back!

    ReplyDelete