10.25.2009

Back in Action

It's sunday afternoon. Penny, Simon, Doug and I all stayed home from church today. Penny, who has been sick for what seems like forever, developed a fever a few days ago and a green snotty nose that runs all day long. I"m not kidding, ALL day. The poor thing just can't catch a break. We've missed 4 weeks of Maggy Haves (our little Friday toddler class) and I've come up with Swine Flu (of course) a recurring ear infection and Rosiola as possible diagnoses. And then, just now as she was crying, i caught a glimpse of her teeth in the wide open wailing mouth. and it hit me. Could it be teething? No way, could it be that simple, but i remember my sister telling me how sick her kids would get when they were cutting teeth and i remembered some very sad moments last year caused by 2 great molars. hmmm. wouldn't that be funny if i have locked myself in the sick cave for weeks over this?? I'm sure it's a combination of everything and a visit to the dr's office tomorrow with help clarify the mysterious illness, so we'll see.

Sophie and Owen hitched a ride with friends to church today. what good kids. i never would have gone if BOTH of my parents were staying home.

Oh yeah, Doug threw his back out really bad yesterday moving a big cabinet into the girls room, so he's laid up for now. Oh, he's in pain. He's got 2 days of hand held Walgreens commercials to shoot this week so hopefully it gets better soon!?! (At which time i'm going to take him directly to a yoga studio or something and limber him up. Don't you just love trying to take control of other people's lives?)

Anyway, so we've just been hanging here eating chicken soup and all the kids halloween candy they got at the trunk or treat last night. I've got to get my last good bit of sweets before i start the nazi 'no white flour, no white sugar' diet tomorrow.

Beth and my sister Kelly have armed with really awesome quick, healthy food ideas to help me get started. So, if anyone wants to join in let me know. I TOTALLY need support, cuz sweets rock. don't they?

Alright, better go. just wanted to jump back in to blogging. I finally got a new computer, which was a wierd experience, actually. i had both kids in the double stroller at the apple store at the mall so i went in and gave them my credit card and walked out. And if you buy a new laptop you get a free printer so i put the laptop and case in the basket of my stroller and carried the printer in one hand and pushed the stroller out. Not sure why that was funny to me. Probably because i felt like i just bought some jeans or something and yet it was my computer. i guess i know where Owen gets it.

ok, going to go tidy house and help both crying babies and probably finish off those milk duds.

6 comments:

  1. nice to see you are back at it. sorry to hear about the misfortune at your house. sick kids = no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer and Bummer. But awesome about the computer. I would love to hear what recipes you do that you like. We are headed way south right after Christmas and the thought of running down the beach just makes me nausea's right now... P90X butt and thighs... here I come! Hope you all get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have got to be the cutest girl I've EVER met. I love you!!!!
    I'll do the NO sugar, NO white flour thing with you, but you'll have to help me. I can do it for a minute, but long term is tough. Ready.... set.... GO baby GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Doug is shooting for Walgreens they ought to have some muscle relaxers somewhere, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your back in action! I wish I could come over with a comfort meal. Hope u all r well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo-ya! Not about the sickies, but about being back.

    I've cut a LOT of white sugar and flour out of our house/diet. Not for my sake so much as it makes such a big difference in Finn's attitude and behavior. My favorite recipe without either is here:
    http://lyndsayj.blogspot.com/2009/10/pumpkin-bread.html
    (I used whole wheat pastry flour. It does call for sugar, but you can use turbinado sugar, date sugar, or even agave nectar instead! Read my recipe edits. You can probably even cut the sugar--in whichever form it takes--to 1 cup. It's seriously yummy!)

    ReplyDelete