12.21.2013

before christmas post

If i don't do a before christmas post i fear there won't be an after christmas post because i'll just be too far behind.

We have had a good few months.  Doug's been gone working. He went to Chile for 2 weeks for a Coldwell Banker commercial.  It was his first time in South America and i think that means he has been on every continent except Antarctica!! Quite the traveler, my goodness.  I was thinking how lucky he has been to see so much of the world.  I hope he appreciates it because it's a pretty special thing.

Anyhooooo, we are headed out to grandmas for christmas and so i haven't been grocery shopping. my kids have been eating nutella for 2 days straight.  nutella and bread and when the bread ran out they were eating nutella and tortillas.  then genius doug came home and made nutella and cocoa krispie quesadillas all toasted up in a pan and, guess what???  they were amazing.  I finally did a quick run for fruit and veggies to balance life.  but it seemed the perfect start to christmas break. ha!!

Sophie likes it straight out of the jar.

picking out the christmas tree at home depot.  



The guys face is so good

That's better

Sophie had her holiday show and i missed half of it waiting for a babysitter and then talking to doug in Chile.  I hate missing these shows! They're always super fun.



With Mel and dana, who is the voice of edith in despicable me! she's a doll

Jeremy sang a kermit song.  i missed that one so he performed it for me and the kids when they came over to watch movies

Simon meeting Santa at the Camera Union Christmas Party

Meeting a dog on the way into the party


Penny called these "Wife Shoes"


Chloe and Penny perching while they watch TV



Owen with his middle school buddies

I was lunch mom at simons school one day.  it was fun. 

The chilean poncho from Doug.  She loves it. 


I saw Delivery Man one morning while kids were in school. its cute!

Owen's big hair chop of 2013

making donut mini muffins for owen's math class extra credit

playing before school.  penny singing, " i love you just the way you are!!"  Simon singing, "We are putting our butts together!!"

Primary singing at the ward christmas party.  Owen's checking out what Luke and Caden are doing at the table in the back. 

Penny and Simon taking it very seriously! The First Noel

Sophie and Saul were almost the only youth at the christmas party to sing.  they are really good friends but this pic is hilarious because it look likes he can't stand her. 

Annual Encino Family meet up to see the temple lights. Some of my VERY favorite people
me in front of the LA Temple

sophie jumping HIGH

Cute girlies

Best o friends. 



penny simon sophie luke owen baylen and i swear darby is in there on the left. 

Can you guess what made this stain????????


 Then in an effort to use our Disneyland passes (a very stressful thing, i might add) i took penny and simon out of school and went down to play for a few hours.  I didn't bring or rent a stroller so we literally walked around for 5 hours. they were TROOOPERS







i wear the same thing to disneyland. every time!!



Penny's Dance Show at school.  SO SO CUTE

Simon's holiday Sing

MORE PICS TO COME INCLUDING A POST ON THANKSGIVING IN PHOENIX!!



2 comments:

  1. I never told you how much I LOVED Sophie's holiday show! It took me a little while to pick her out in the choir, turns out the directors blocked her from our view. ;-) And Jeremy's Kermit song was THE BEST! Can't wait to see the pop show, let me know what night you are going and I'll get my tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!!! I'm so glad you had fun. Let's seriously go together on the next one, i love not being there by myself! haha.

    ReplyDelete