5.24.2010

The PS Report

We made it back. it was fun and perfect and perfectly weird. I slept a ton. We got up saturday morning, took a bike ride through town, ate breakfast and then took a 2 hour nap! I want to be back in that wonderful bed. most comfortable bed ever.

We were there celebrating the 40th birthday of a commercial director doug works with a lot. His wife put everything together and rented the entire mediterranean villa side of Korakia resort, brought in all meals and had a movies projected at night. There were about 25 people there celebrating with him and most of these people Doug knew but I had never met. Strange, huh?

Do you watch Cougartown? Cuz Busy joined the party on saturday and Doug and i got a little bit giddy. She didn't know it but we switched our room with hers because the one we were supposed to have was way too close to the pool. (and we all know my goal was sleep!)

But she was really nice and wants to throw us a wedding next year to renew our vows. Apparently, 19 is crazy young and we really should celebrate the fact that we have not gotten divorced yet.

Anyway, everyone did remarkably well here at home. Grandma Terrie and Grandpa Charlie took good care of everyone. A million thanks to my awesome parents! This crowd is no easy task.

oh, i forgot to mention that Simon didn't recognize me when i got home. Seriously! he looked at me very strangely and then reached back for grandma. I tried to nurse him and he was like, whoa, lady! what is going on here! so funny. so i fed him a bottle and put him down for a nap. when he woke up it was all back to normal.

more pics to come (off doug's camera, of course). just for documentation purposes, really. Like, i swear there were other people there!

8 comments:

  1. I know I'm glad you haven't gotten a divorce :) Looks incredible and relaxing and perfect, glad you got to go!

    p.s. Doug and I might have the same sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so happy that you had a wonderful time and SLEPT!! I love that you met Busy. :) And yes! I think you should renew your vows. I hope to do that someday, too. Can I come?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun trip. and that sounds just Heavenly, sleep, I forget what that is like :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh..... pure heaven!

    loves.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks awesome. you guys are a cute couple. loooove cougartown.

    was wondering how it went. did you read the book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. brooke, i LOVE this book. not finished yet, but a good way into it. There were 3 people there who said, "i just read the help, it's awesome!"

    Great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, what book are you and Brooke talking about? I just finished mine and need a good one to start reading.

    So glad you had a great time! It looks dreamy and beautiful and heavenly and restful. I think it's awesome you met Busy. I don't watch Cougar Town. I'm actually in love with her from Freaks and Geeks. I also like that someone actually named their kid "Busy". Sounds weird, but it's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, it's 'The Help' by Kathyn Sockett. Just so good.

    ReplyDelete