3.01.2010

1st day of hiatus

The kids broke my sunglasses yesterday. The DAY before the hiatus. I asked Doug to go up to Old Navy and pick me up some since this is technically my thing. C'mon they're only 9 bucks!


He asked me why they were on the couch where the kids could snap them in 2 seconds instead of safe in their case in my bag. Oh, the little smarty pants, he was laughing at me. i don't think he thinks i can do this. Oh, i'll show him!

I'd say Sunglasses in So Cal are a NECESSITY! right?

(Anybody have a pair i can borrow?)


10 comments:

  1. You saw me on Seriously So Blessed? What do you mean??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're ok. Although, my theory is... if you can't find it at the grocery store, DON'T BUY IT! I bet you can find some super cool, super cheap grocery store glasses to get you by for now..... Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're definitely a necessity in LA. I would go to Target and get a pair. Anything less than $20 and I say you are fine. Not a cheat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have a pair that look very similar to that that I got from walmart for $5. Saves almost 50% right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't you go to Goodwill. Suck it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! and kind random that I would come up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In LA, sunglasses are your constant companion. They are a must. They're your shield to the outside world. If you don't wear them, you are exposed! I'm trying to be dramatic, is it working? Forever 21 has sunglasses that are super cool for like $5-6. I really do think they're a necessity, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunglasses are a necessity in SoCal. And they protect your delicate eyes and help them stay new-wrinkle-free!!! But no need to pay more than $10.

    Today I bought: flowers, herbs, potting soil, Emma. I decided they were all necessary for my sanity. Ugh. I caved. A 2 year spending hiatus gets difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodwill is a great idea. i'll bet they'd have something funky to get me by.

    Also, i ended up buying the cheapies from old navy because i was buying the cheapies from Target and they kept breaking. But i lOVED them so i kept buying them. 7 pairs later (yes, that's $140 and the equivalent of a really nice pair of glasses) i decided to go with these. and now they broke. haha. it's curse...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found a pair of sunglasses that looked remarkably like that a year ago... around the time you guys came over for Liam's birthday. They must have been yours! Now if I can only remember where I put them so Liam wouldn't break them but I'd be able to find them when I figured out who they belonged to... I'll take a look around tomorrow. Meanwhile, squinting is pretty cheap and has the added bonus of making you look perpetually pissed off (think Clint Eastwood about to pull his colt). Maybe you'll be able to go to Whole Foods without being asked to sign a petition.

    ReplyDelete