** Post Post Edit: Due to the key in the ignition thing, i had a dead battery that AAA couldn't even charge. I just got myself a brand new 125 dollar battery! merry christmas to me. ha ha ha.
**Post-Edit: Part of the crash and burn last night was not being able to find the keys after bundling all the babies so we could take Sophie to Young Women. They were no where to be found. In fact, i had to call our friends to pick her up this morning... Well, we found them. In the ignition of the van. They were there all. night. long.
I've been up since about 2:30. I crashed and burned last night around 8:30 and couldn't even manage closing up the house or putting the big kids to bed. I think they did that on their own. I don't think they were very happy about it.
So, i just cleaned up the kitchen from dinner, moved a load of laundry over, locked all the doors and turned off all the lights.
It's been that kind of day, again. I think that's all i post about anymore. yuck.
I got to thinking just now about all the things that get overlooked when I can't find the time to blog.
Like the fact that Penny taught herself to JUMP last month. she kept trying and trying and finally one day she came in mustering all her strength and jumped those little feet right off the ground. The trampoline is her favorite friend right now and she can finally play with the big kids. And she's talking and signing so much more.
Remember the Signing Time videos? Sophie and Owen are in them. Owen is about Penny's age actually. so tiny. sometimes, i can't remember Owen at that age. I had just gotten the apartment job and was so stressed out, i don't remember much else. Actually, i think i've repressed about 3 years of his life. That's kinda sad!
Anyway, signing times are Penny's favorite shows now.
Or all the fun little changes and milestones in Simon. He's 3 months now. Crap, he's cute.
He's so awake. Oh, and he learned to laugh on Thanksgiving. We were getting ready to leave and i was putting socks on his feet. It must have tickled because he just chuckled out a little laugh. It was so funny. He's definitely out the infant stage and going headlong into babyhood.
And he's a big dude. He's 75th percentile for everything. height, weight and head. He's gaining on Penny. She'd better watch out.
Oh, and he found his hand. The left one. He'll do this for 30 minutes at a time.
We put up the tree. the house smells SO nice.
And we went to the Temple last sunday with a bunch of friends to see the lights. It was a hit. They kids oooh'd and aaaah'd as we pulled up. i loved it.
Sophie and her friend Melissa were in charge of photos. they're awesome. Good friends are SO important at this age. we're lucky. Melissa is one of the best.



I just found these cute pics. We love our neighbors.
Anyway, there it is. If it takes blogging at 4 am, i'll do it. OH crap. it's now 5:06. Gotta get back to sleep.














Master Owen:
Little Miss Penny:







I feel the same way about blogging. It is either early or late for me too. I am so behind also but life takes over which is a great thing too. He IS SO DANG cute. I can almost smell him from here. Yum! I love the one on the bed where he has that loose skin and that wee bit of baby cleavage, oh my! SO stinkin cute! It was fun it have Doug in our midst for a few days. He is so funny and makes the kids laugh like crazy. I am sure you are missing him. Happy Holidays! oh BTW he showed us your card, WOW, you are all just beautiful! Happy holidays!
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking care of Doug for us! I'm sure he LOVED having dinner at your place. speaking of smelling through the computer...i feel like i smell every delicious thing you post. Happy Holidays to you as well, Jen!
ReplyDeleteI remember Owen at that age! He was delicious. Oh, how Heather and I ooh'ed and ahh'ed over him. I have a picture of you all from a dinner at our house that I love. Actually saw Heather about a month ago and we were talking about old friends we still kept up with and I mentioned you. First thing she asked was if Owen was still so cute. I said, of course. All the Chamberlain kids are.
ReplyDeleteYour kids are the cutest!
ReplyDeleteAAHHH! simon has blue??? eyes????! he is reeeeaaaaly cute. i can't tell who he looks like?
ReplyDeletei am so glad you blogged and posted pics, keeps us updated!
lurve, jess
Emily, Clementine started doing the same thing a little bit ago as Simon. She would just lay on the floor and just stick her arm out in front of her face and stare at her hands as if she had never seen them before. It was really sweet to watch. I wonder when her and Simon will start rolling over.
ReplyDeleteTina! I remember that dinner. It was fun and i was the only one with kids, i think... ha ha. I miss you and Heather. Those were some good times, for sure.
ReplyDelete